1. Soy crayons. Nontoxic Prang Fun Pro Soybean Crayons are made from soybean oil. $1 for eight, stubbypencilstudio.com.
2. Paper stationery. Elephant Pooh makes odor-free (promise!) journals with paper made from pulped and processed dung. $9, gxonlinestore.org.
3. Biodegradable pens. These corn pens disintegrate completely about a year after they are thrown away. $2, grassrootsstore.com.
4. Reusable sandwich bags. Pack lunches in Wrap-N-Mat, cotton and non-PVC-vinyl–lined bags. $7, reusablebags.com.
5. Recycled scissors. Kleen Earth scissors have black handles that are made from recycled plastic. $9, amazon.com.
6. Adhesive paste. This glue by Coccoina, made of potato starch, works on paper and fabric. Plus, it is solvent-free and smells like almonds. $8, seejanework.com.