A few easy folds is all it takes to turn plain paper into cheery cups for servings of fresh fruit salad and more. Use sheets of glassine and parchment paper for moist food, like these balls of honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and watermelon. You could also serve assorted nuts, cookies, popcorn, and other treats in the colorful paper containers.
You will need:
One sheet of glassine per cup
One sheet of parchment paper per cup
1. For each cup, start with one sheet each of glassine and parchment paper. Cut whichever sheet will form the inside of the cup to 9 1/2 inches square; cut the other to 10 inches square. Center the small sheet on top of the large sheet, and attach in center with a piece of double-sided tape.
2. Fold square in half to form a triangle.
3. Fold square in half to form a triangle.
4. Fold bottom-left corner to right side.
5. Fold front top points over front of cup, then rear top points behind back.
6. To complete, hold top of cup open with one hand, then gently press bottom seam up at the center with other hand.