To make this, you’ll need:
2 yards of fabric ~ all the same print or coordinating pieces
foam, egg-crate style or something with some density
1. You will need to cut your pieces 2-24″x24″ and one 13″x96″ piece. If you don’t have a 96″ piece in one length..that’s ok just piece 24″ pieces together.
2. Take one 24 X 24 piece and place it correct side down on your work space. Now place around the sides the 24 X 12 pieces such that the 24 inch sides line up. Now pin all pieces together.
3. Sew pieces together.
4. Once all four sides are done you will get a Bucket like structure. The wrong side will be visible out.The resultant will be like a plus sign. Make sure you have left one of the bottom seams open to stuff.
5. Cut up a egg-crate mattress and stack squares of it inside like a layer cake and use the poly fill to even it out.
6. Hand sew the final seam to shut since it won’t fit under the sewing machine =)
For more ideas and step-by-step pictures of tutorials click here.